Critical Curriculum & Resources
We believe that social justice and transformation are at the core of learning. #PassTheMicYouth combines a Positive Youth Development (PYD) approach to youth development with a critical pedagogical lens. Such a framework:
- Applies methods of critical analysis to examine the dynamics of power and privilege in general and as they relate to young people
- Views counter narratives and storytelling as fundamental to consciousness raising and social change
- Encourages critical inquiry and self-reflection
- Views young people and youth-serving professionals as agents for social change
- Aims to connect analysis to collaborative action
We hope that the collection of curriculum and resources included on this website will serve as an entry point for meaningful dialogue, reflection, and transformation. Additional resources will be added regularly so be sure to visit frequently. For resources related to #PassTheMicYouth, check out our #PassTheMicYouth Educator Toolbox.
Do you have a valuable resource you’d like to share? Email us at email@example.com.